Wellness Floor Policies
7-year-olds and younger are not permitted access to wellness center, group exercise room, and racquetball courts.
8- to 11-year-olds are permitted access to the following with adult supervision:
- Cardio machines
- Racquetball courts
- Group exercise beginner-level classes only without weights
- 8- to 11-year-olds are not permitted on the weight floor.
12- to 15-year-olds are permitted access to the following:
- Cardio machines
- Racquetball courts
- Group exercise classes
- Cable strength machines
- Access to free weights with supervision
16-year-olds and older may enjoy all amenities in the facility.
Adam Michael Rosen Fitness Center Policies
Everyone must abide by the age policy guidelines listed above. You must wear proper footwear, which means closed back and toes. Personal belongings must be placed in a designated area, like the locker room.
Use a spotter when/if possible and use collars/clamps on all barbells. Don’t rest plates on the floor, machines, or walls. Please re-rack plates on assigned racks. Do not slam the weights down. Please return benches to the proper location and return all crossover cable handles when finished.
Be courteous to others by wiping down machines, benches, and equipment after use. Please use headphones while listening to music, watching videos, or making phone calls.
Food and drinks are prohibited from the fitness center. Only bottled water is allowed. No glass containers are allowed in the facilities.
Ages 8 – 11 years old may only participate in beginner-level classes with adult supervision and must abide by fitness center policies and age guidelines policies.
Performance Center Policies
Athletes are not allowed in without a coach present. A certified coach must always be present when athletes are in the performance center. Only use equipment when a certified coach is present and instructs you to do so. Always follow your coach’s directions.
Please remove your shoes before entering. Check for proper matting before using any equipment. Check equipment, matting, and apparatus before use. Please refrain from walking under any equipment while being used by others. Keep a safe distance from others on the equipment.
Gum, food, and/or drinks are prohibited in the performance center. Only stud earrings allowed. All other jewelry must be removed prior to using equipment.
Please refrain from any type of horseplay.
Only currently enrolled program participants or authorized personnel are allowed in the room or on the equipment for any reason.
A certified coach must be present during trampoline use. Only one person on the trampoline at a time. Standing on the trampoline frame or pads while waiting for a turn to bounce is prohibited.
Somersaults, back handsprings, or other difficult techniques are only to be attempted with a certified coach’s permission in attendance.
Bouncing or jumping off the trampoline is prohibited.
Racquetball Courts Policies
Please bring your own racquet and ball. The Rosen Aquatic & Fitness Center will not provide any equipment. And please wear appropriate non-marking footwear. Eye guards are required and must be always worn.
No food or drink is allowed on the court.
Ages 8 – 11 may only participate with adult supervision.
Ages 12 years and older may use the swimming pools without adult supervision except where further restricted by local health department codes.
Ages 8 – 11 years old who complete the requirements of the swim test may use the swimming pools if their parent/guardian is physically on Rosen Aquatic & Fitness Center premises.
Ages 0 – 7 may use the swimming pools if they are under the direct supervision of parents or supervising guardian. Non-swimmers must be within arm’s reach of parent or supervising guardian.
Lap Swimming and Training Policy
Rosen Aquatic & Fitness Center strictly prohibits any form of training or perceived training activities within its premises.
The primary purpose of Rosen Aquatic & Fitness Center is to provide recreational opportunities, promote water safety, and facilitate leisure activities for all patrons.
The facility may organize and offer training programs, lessons, or classes under the supervision and coordination of the Rosen Aquatic & Fitness Center management. However, these activities must adhere to separate guidelines established by Rosen Aquatic & Fitness Center management.
Rosen Aquatic & Fitness Center staff has the authority to enforce this policy, and non-compliance may result in the suspension or revocation of access to the facility.
Guidelines and Regulations of Lap Swimming and Training Policy:
- Recreational Swimming: The aquatic center encourages patrons to engage in recreational swimming activities such as leisure swimming, water games, and general aquatic fitness.
- Lap Swimming: Lap swimming, characterized by continuous and unstructured swimming for exercise, is allowed within designated lanes and during specified times. However, it should not be mistaken for organized training activities.
- Water Safety: The aquatic center prioritizes water safety and encourages all patrons to adhere to safety guidelines, including proper use of life jackets, supervised swimming for children, and awareness of potential hazards.
- Non-Disruption: Patrons engaging in activities such as excessive splashing, diving in non-designated areas, or any behavior that disrupts other individuals’ use of the facility may be asked to cease their actions or leave the premises.
- Instruction and Coaching: Personal instruction or coaching is not permitted within the aquatic center, unless authorized and facilitated by the management as part of officially organized programs.
- Compliance with Staff: Patrons are expected to comply with any instructions given by the aquatic center staff regarding the proper use of facilities, safety protocols, and adherence to this policy.
- Modifications and Updates: The aquatic center management reserves the right to modify or update this policy as deemed necessary. Any changes will be communicated to the patrons through appropriate channels.
Pool Rules and Guidelines:
- The pool and deck are closed when there is no lifeguard on duty.
- Lifeguard must be obeyed at all times.
- No running or horseplaying. Use ladders for entry and exit only.
- All children under age 12 must pass a swim test to participate in recreational swimming without a parent/guardian.
- No child up to the age of 12 shall be allowed to participate in recreational swimming, regardless of abilities, without a parent/guardian present at the pool.
- Only coastguard approved flotation devices allowed in pool except during Rosen Aquatic & Fitness Center instructional programs. No puddle jumpers.
- No persons with bandages, open cuts/wounds or communicable diseases allowed in pool.
- No swimming when lightning can be seen.
- Infants and toddlers must wear a swim diaper.
- Shower before entering pool.
- Only proper swim attire is allowed in the pool.
- No food or beverages in the pool.
- No glass or animals allowed in the pool or on deck with the exception of service animals.
- No breath holding or prolonged underwater swimming.
- Do not swallow the pool water.
Family Locker Rooms
Parents with children ages 12 and younger are encouraged to use family locker rooms where available. These changing rooms are also available to those who require special assistance or parents assisting an opposite-gender child.
Ages 6+ may use locker rooms without supervision. Ages 6 to 11 may use locker rooms without a parent/guardian, provided parent/guardian is on the premises. Ages 5+ must use gender-appropriate locker rooms.
Ages 0 – 5 may only use locker rooms under direct supervision of parent or supervising guardian.
Individual use and/or family-style changing room with single toilet and sink is available.
All restrooms are ADA compliant.
Adult Locker Rooms
Ages 18+ may use adult locker rooms.
Male and female restrooms are located on pool deck between the teaching pool and fitness center, which also serve as spectator restrooms, only during events.